Saturday, December 8, 2007

tis the season

In recent posts, I have discussed how I am not a holiday person. My hatred was solidified today when I had to work from 3:30-11. Approaching the mall was havoc all in itself. Richmond Avenue was backed up and the turning lane into the mall was almost impossible to be in. Once I finally got into the parking lot, I realized I'm lucky enough to park in the busiest section of the parking area. Everyone was in a rush somewhere and there were no spots to be found. I had some time to kill before going into work so I figured I would drive around looking for a spot with far from high hopes of finding a good one. Low and behold a girl who looked spaced out beyond belief got into her car FOUR spots from the entrance of the mall. No way was this happening to me. I put my blinker on and threw my car in reverse to back up a few feet so she could get out. When I look in the mirror I see an older man in a yellow mustang (who wants a YELLOW mustang when we all know red is SO much better) put his blinker on and didn't seem to be moving back for me. OH NO sir, there's absolutely no way I am giving up this perfect spot. I slowly backed my car closer and closer and eventually he moved back for me but was still sitting there. Now I'm all ready for this girl to get out of her spot so I can park there. She's just sitting there on her phone NOT moving. After about 5 minutes of growing impatient I got extremely impatient and decided to be obnoxious and start beeping my horn at her to leave. It worked, the old man pulled away and she got out of the spot so I could get into it. Needless to say I was appreciating my obnoxiousness at the end of the night when it was freezing outside and I didn't have to walk far to get to my car.

No comments: